Compared to the other recipes I have posted for St. Patrick’s Day, this one takes a bit longer to prepare but is really easy and is absolutely worth it! It’s very low in carbs and looks amazing for this special day.
Hands-on 10 minutes Overall 60 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 mini pie)
Net carbs3.7 gramsProtein14.1 gramsFat20.4 gramsCalories257 kcal
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 22%, fat 72%Total carbs 5.4 grams Fiber 1.7 gramsSugars 1.8 grams Saturated fat 8.2 gramsSodium 579 mg (25% RDA)Magnesium 29 mg (7% RDA)Potassium 310 mg (16% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 medium broccoli (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 6 anchovies
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- micro greens, watercress or fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C/ 300 °F (fan assisted), or 170 °C/ 340 °F (conventional). Wash the broccoli and cut it into florets. Place them into a steamer for about 5-8 minutes until the stalks are lightly tender. When done, place it in a bowl and blend until smooth.
2. Add grated parmesan cheese, eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Spoon the mixture into silicone forms equally (the ones I used are about 200 ml/ 6.7 fl oz). Silicon forms like these are the best I tried for the recipe: nothing gets stuck and you can easily empty them!
4. You will need to bake them in a water bath. This will prevent the top from drying and cracking. This is how you do it: place the silicone forms on a baking tray and add 2 cm/ 1 inch of water into the tray. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
5. When done, set aside and let the cakes cool down. Finely chop the anchovies and mix them with olive oil. When the cakes are chilled, remove them from the forms, spoon anchovies on the top and garnish with micro greens. Enjoy!
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 mini pie)
|2.5 g||1.8 g||0.2 g||21 kcal|
|0.5 g||5.4 g||3.9 g||59 kcal|
|Eggs, free-range or organic|
|0.3 g||4.7 g||3.6 g||54 kcal|
|Cream, heavy whipping, full-fat (30-40% fat)|
|0.4 g||0.4 g||5.4 g||51 kcal|
|Anchovy (canned in oil)|
|0 g||1.7 g||0.6 g||13 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||6.8 g||60 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Microgreens, mixed, fresh|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1 mini pie|
|3.7 g||14.1 g||20.4 g||257 kcal|
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!