KETO ST. PATRICK’S DAY WHOOPIE PIES
If you’re looking for a festive St. Patrick Day dessert without all the carbs, then look no further than these Ketogenic diet friendly adorable Mini Whoopie Pies at 2 net carbs a pop. I keto-fied this based on this simple Pillsbury recipe with just a few modifications. It was really just a simple matter of swapping out the sweeteners for Swerve and the flours for King Arthur’s Superfine Almond Flour. Going keto doesn’t mean you can’t indulge every once in a while PLUS it doesn’t have to be difficult!
I was curious about the history of the whoopie pie so I did some digging. The origin of the whoopie pie isn’t really related to St.Patrick’s Day despite the fact that this treat is still enjoyed (usually with Bailey’s Irish Cream filling) at festivals during the holiday. In fact, the whoopie pie’s origin is a rather controversial topic in New England. Whether it’s the Pennsylvania Dutch Amish women or the Labadie’s Bakery pastry chefs in Maine who invented it, this treat is sure to make anyone smile.
Keto St. Patrick’s Day Whoopie Pies
Ingredients:Keto Sugar Cookie Dough
Keto Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 cups superfine almond flour:
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated Swerve
- pinch of kosher salt
Additional Ingredients (Added later)
KETO CREAM CHEESE FROSTİNG
- 12 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cool but soft
- 4 ounces salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 1 large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper, or use these handy baking sheets.
- Mix keto sugar cookie dough ingredients in a bowl until a stiff dough forms.
- Add eggs, extra almond flour, and green food coloring. Beat with an electric mixer until well-blended. Scoop mixture into a decorating bag with fitted tip, or freezer bag with a small corner snipped off. Pipe the batter into 30 2-inch circles set 1 inch apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until the cookies spring back when touched. Allow to cool completely before applying frosting.
- While the cookies are cooling, make keto cream cheese frosting. You can use any keto-friendly version, but I used this amazing recipe from Low Carb Maven. Get the full recipe instructions here!
- Scoop the frosting into decorating bag or freezer bag with small corner snipped off. Pipe frosting between two cookies to make a complete whoopie pie.
Macros:Per 1/15 Recipe | 302 calories || 29g Fat || 6g Protein || 4g Carbohydrate || 2g Dietary Fiber || 2g Net Carbs