This Keto Pork Chops recipe will not leave you missing the carbs. Thick cut boneless pork chops are pan fried and topped with a decadent Parmesan cream sauce with garlic and basil. Just add a couple low carb side dishes and you have a special meal in under 30 minutes, while following your keto diet plan.
Boneless pork chops are a low cost cut of meat and you can sometimes find them thick cut, which helps keep them moist. Ask your butcher to cut some thicker ones for you if they are not ready packaged that way. Pan frying the chops and serving them with a rich herb and Parmesan cream sauce elevates the humble cut of meat to gourmet fare. All this while keeping the dish down to a keto friendly 7 net carb grams per serving. The cream sauce for the pork chops is also gluten free, if that is a concern.
HOW TO MAKE KETO PORK CHOPS
Here is a quick visual guide to making this keto pork dish. Full printable recipe is on the card below.
The seasoned chops are seared in a large skillet, then cooked through.
Onion and garlic are sauteed in the pan, once the pork chops are set aside.
Bone broth and cream are added to the skillet to start the sauce. Bone broth helps alleviate symptoms of keto flu, so I don’t recommend swapping regular stock.
Add the Parmesan, basil, garlic powder and fresh parsley and simmer to make Parmesan cream sauce for the pork chops.
KETO SIDE DISHES FOR PORK CHOPS
As shown, steamed broccoli is a great side for this entree. Other great keto approved side dishes would be cauliflower rice, spinach, sauteed broccoli rabe or baked asparagus.
Keto Pork Chops in Parmesan Basil Cream Sauce (Thick Cut )Prep Time5 minsCook Time25 minsTotal Time30 mins
Keto-Friendly Pork Chops in a Parmesan Cream Sauce. An easy low carb dinner.Course: Entree, Main CourseCuisine: American, gluten-free, Keto, Low CarbServings: 4 Calories: 571 kcalIngredients
- 4 boneless pork chops Thick cut
- 1 tbsp. Butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup Bone broth
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley Chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by heating up 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste to both sides of the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops in the heated skillet, and cook evenly on both sides until they reach an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees. Set them aside to rest.
- Into the same skillet, add the chopped onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to brown and turn tender.
- Add in 4 cloves of minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour in ½ cup of bone broth and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and whisk in the basil, garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Cook on medium-low until the sauce thickens.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, and stir to combine.
- Return the pork chops to the skillet, coat in sauce, and cook for a few additional minutes to heat the pork back up.
If you buy thinner cut chops they will cook faster, so keep that in mind.